Every year I look forward to reflecting on my achievements and planning next year’s adventures and despite the general consensus, 2016 has been an amazing year for me. I’ve truly grown in more ways than I ever would have imagined and I couldn’t be happier.
2016 has taught me numerous life lessons, I’ve laughed, cried and experienced every emotion in between. It’s been a year that hasn’t gone exactly to plan, but has shown me the importance of taking things as they come and I wouldn’t change it for the world! In 2017 I definitely have to travel more, but for now here’s my 2016 list of memories:
- I’ve ventured to the top of the Burj Khalifa and visited the incredible Sheikh Zayed Mosque. Abu Dhabi is truly stunning and Shiekh Zayed Mosque is probably the most incredible place of worship I’ve seen thus far.
- I discovered the wonders of Franco Manca pizza and have been eating it ever since!
- I achieved my biggest personal goal ever! Words cannot explain how much this means to me and the wonders it has done for my life. It taught me many valuable lessons that I hope to share one day…
- I made new bonds and strengthened old ones. Personal relationships are so important to me. To my loved ones…I love you!
- I celebrated my birthday in London for the first time in four years. It was nice not having to FaceTime my mum, but I miss the adventure!
- I wore a frontline costume for the first time at Notting Hill Carnival. My annual carnival budget has now gone up, but I had the best time – roll on 2017!
- I finally read Americanah after mourning the loss of my original copy. It’s a good book but I was left slightly underwhelmed – I’ll share my thoughts in a book review.
- I’ve read approximately 15-20 books in total, a mixture of fiction and non-fiction. Next year I’ll keep a running list because it’s so easy to forget.
- I’ve learnt to truly understand the importance of what really matters in life and why you shouldn’t take anything for granted.
- I’ve been braver than I would have ever imagined…
I’m looking forward to making new memories in 2017!