I have neglected my blog due to a serious case of
writer’s block procrastination, but as we arrive in the final quarter, I’m determined to blog consistently. Autumn is incredibly motivating and it’s much easier to get things done without the lure of brunch parties.
I’m looking forward to consistent workouts and endless reading.
This month I’m inspired by…
- Solange: A Seat At The Table is an amazing body of work and will remain on heavy rotation until further notice. The visuals are beautiful, the sound is incredible and Master P’s memoirs are life; this is definitely a top album for 2016.
- Seth Godin: I’m late to the party, but I’m finally reading Linchpin by Seth Godin. It teaches you the blueprint to becoming indispensable in life and progressing within your career. Godin points out that making lists and filling notebooks is often a form of procrastination, I’m definitely guilty of both. The key word is to ‘ship’ and keeping ‘shipping,’ focus on getting your ideas out there.
- Myself: I’m giving myself a cheeky pat on the back for getting back in the gym and being consistent. It’s all about early morning workouts and logging my progress on a spreadsheet, which makes it easier to keep track of everything. Consistency is key.
This month I’m reflecting on…
- Growth: 2016 has been an amazing year of growth, I’m proud of myself for being better than I was this time last year. I’m happy and healthy, which is an incredible blessing within itself — wow it feels amazing.
- Goals: The blog is still a work in progress, but I’m humbled by every reader, comment and like. It’s a valuable lesson in ‘shipping’ and consistency which I intend to keep growing. I killed my banana plant which was supposed to be my baby, now I have a blog that needs watering instead!
I’m excited to move into the final quarter and see what the rest of year will bring. Onwards…